At Galway City Physiotherapy we offer specialised treatment in the management of men’s health issues. This includes pelvic pain, post-prostatectomy problems and incontinence.
At Galway City Physiotherapy, a chartered physiotherapist specifically trained in the field of men’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction will discuss your symptoms with you. She will then give you a physical examination and propose a course of treatment to aid your recovery. Treatment may include manual therapy, electrical stimulation or an exercise programme.
- Do you you suffer from urine leakage, running to the toiled often, or a feeling of lack of control of your pelvic floor or bladder?
- Do you have problems with leakage from the bladder or bowel?
- Do you have problems with pelvic muscle control since your prostate surgery?
- Do you suffer from pain in the buttocks, pubic or pelvic areas?
- Do you have discomfort or difficulties when having sex?
- Do you suffer from a burning, tingling or inflamed sensation in the penis or pubic area?
- Do you suffer from prostatitis?
If so, then perhaps physiotherapy can help you.
Beatrice McGinley, of Galway City Physiotherapy, has helped our members immensely. The advice, practical tips and in depth explanations given to these men, on how to do pelvic floor exercises properly, has exponentially increased their recovery time from radical prostatectomy surgery. It is all the more prominent in those lucky men who sought advice from Beatrice before their surgery. This has made a huge difference not only to their physical health, but also to their mental health.
Prostate Support & Awareness Ireland[