At Galway City Physiotherapy all our chartered physiotherapists are professionally qualified to diagnose and treat problems in the spine and body, related to the muscles, joints, nerves, tendons and ligaments. Physiotherapy can improve your pain, flexibility, mobility and strength helping you get back to action.
We offer one-to-one physiotherapy management of your musculoskeletal issues which includes examination and diagnosis to assess the cause of your problem. A specialise treatment programme will then be developed by your therapist to address your individual needs.
- Joint mobilisation/manipulation, soft tissue massage and stretching
- Dry needling and acupuncture techniques
- Education in injury specific home exercises to encourage self management
- Instruction in gym programmes and stability training
- Postural correction and ergonomic advice for work stations
- Electrotherapy treatment
- Taping, bracing and prescription of foot orthotics to protect injured tissues
- Gait analysis and biomechanical evaluation of sporting techniques
- Women’s / Men’s Health – Continence and pelvic pain.
Beatrice McGinley, of Galway City Physiotherapy, has helped our members immensely. The advice, practical tips and in depth explanations given to these men, on how to do pelvic floor exercises properly, has exponentially increased their recovery time from radical prostatectomy surgery. It is all the more prominent in those lucky men who sought advice from Beatrice before their surgery. This has made a huge difference not only to their physical health, but also to their mental health.
Prostate Support & Awareness Ireland