Complex Foot Pain, Biomechanical Assessment, Gait Analysis and Foot Orthotics
The management of complex foot pain, gait analysis, biomechanical assessment and orthotic perscription are a specialist service that we offer at Galway City Physio. We treat a range of patients from childhood to adulthood with varying needs and conditions.
Biomechanical problems and poor technique can lead to sprains, strains, muscle imbalance, joint and spinal pain. Our experienced physiotherapists assess movement, strength, flexibility, balance and core stability. We may also use video analysis to identify faults in your walking, running, or sporting techniques. This allows us to individualise the treatment programme which may include orthotics, a gym or home exercise programme and/or hands-on manual treatment.
Orthotics are insoles prescribed to optimise the biomechanics of the foot and lower limb in an effort to improve function and pain. Orthotic devices can vary from simple, inexpensive off-the shelf devices to hand made bespoke customised insoles. In addition to foot orthotics we also provide customised toe separators, metatarsal dome pads for forefoot pain, heel raises for leg length discrepancies, and toe alignment splints for bunions and hammer toes.
Our physiotherapists have post graduate training in this area and Sharon has been involved in teaching physiotherapists and other health professionals in the assessment and prescription of orthotic devices for over 15 years. Where orthotic devices are indicated our goal is to provide a device that best suits your needs and budget.
- Are you chronically injured?
- Are you disappointed with your sporting performance?
- Do you train or play with pain?
- Do you want to improve your sporting technique?
If so, then perhaps a biomechancial assessment could help you.
Conditions We Commonly Manage:
- Metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot).
- Tired / aching feet and legs.
- Hallux Abducto-Valgus (bunions).
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain).
- Patello-femoral Mal-alignment (kneecap pain).
- Achilles Tendonitis/tendonopathy.
- Tibial Stress Syndrome (shin splints).
- Pes Planus (flat feet).
- Lumbar-Sacral Pain (back pain).
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee and hip.
- Post surgical intervention
- Complex pain